The primary responsibilities of the Child Nutrition Coordinator, are to perform routine duties involved in the preparation and serving of food as part of the kitchen facilities and equipment operations and cleaning under the supervision of the operations manager or designated supervisor.
- Arranging food and beverages in order to serve them to students and staff in a safe and efficient manner
- Cleaning utensils, equipment and food storage, preparation and serving areas
- Inspecting food items and/or supplies to verify quantity and specifications of orders and/or to comply with mandated health standards
- Interacting in a positive manner with students, staff, administration.
- Conducting an inventory of food, condiments, and supplies to ensure availability of items
- Maintaining food service equipment
- Maintaining strict confidentiality concerning student records
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 65 pounds
- 10 hours of Continued Education Training (Annually)
- Jefferson County Food Handlers Training
- ServSafe Certification
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED with Three Years of Related Food Service Experience minimum
- Associates' Degree preferred with relative food service experience