Would you like to lead the expansion of an innovative new school model that will dramatically shift career opportunities and wealth outcomes for some of Cleveland's most promising but vulnerable youth? Can you spread a bold, compelling vision throughout the Cleveland community to build partnerships, attract youth and families, and enlist funding support? The Executive Director embodies the mission of the school and articulates the mission for all aspects of the school’s program while leading the adults (educators and construction staff)to empower youth and communities to determine their own future. In keeping with the school’s mission, the Executive Director fosters the traditions, relationships, and practices that determine the school’s climate and culture. The Executive Director will lead Build UP- Cleveland's school(s) with all their internal and external constituencies including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, neighbors, and a broad range of cross-sector, catalytic partners.
- Work alongside the National Support Team to implement Build UP's comprehensive Replication Manual to launch its first out-of-state expansion site.
- Engage a dynamic team of funders, advisors, partners, and a governing board to launch a life-changing program in Cleveland.
- Recruit and hire high-level talent across education, workforce development, and construction fields to drive the program.
- Sell the Build UP vision across the Greater Cleveland area to expand community awareness and engagement.
- Recruit students and families to enroll with Build UP as founding Youth Apprentices and students.
- Lead and develop an academic team to drive high-quality instruction leading to desired educational outcomes and opportunities.
- Engage key community stakeholders as advocates to defend the program and make critical partner introductions.
- Navigate racial, political, cultural, and geographic challenges that arise to help ensure the program's success.
- Serve as Build UP- CLE's head of schools, chief evangelist, chief financial planner, and chief team leader (all with Network support).
- Develop a deep knowledge of Build UP's model while in a 4-month residency at Build UP HQ and Build UP campuses in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Must have extensive knowledge and exposure to the city of Cleveland's neighborhoods, networks, and culture
- Willingness to travel to Birmingham, AL throughout the course of the planning year.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required Master’s in related field preferred.
- Must have extensive experience in two of the following areas:
- Secondary Education
- Workforce Development
- Housing and Community Revitalization
- Urban Non-Profit Management/Leadership
- Must hold a training certification in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or have 10 years of relevant experience.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Commensurate with experience
- Full-Time Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits