The Project Manager will be responsible for the direction, coordination, control, and completion of construction projects. The ideal candidate will be organized, motivated, detail-oriented, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Aside from ensuring the success of all construction projects, the project manager will oversee all construction staff, subcontractors, and student construction projects.
- Meets construction schedule, financial goals, and quality/safety standards
- Lead regularly schedule construction meetings to ensure projects are on budget and on-time
- Instruct, train, and work with trade partners to ensure compliance with approved methods of construction and operating procedures
- Conduct site and pre-construction meetings
- Review job details to ensure trade partners work is 100% complete before authorizing payment
- Timely approval of all project invoicing and trade partner purchase orders
- Maintain a clean and safe job site during construction
- Responsible for weekly walk-throughs to monitor processes and make any adjustments to plans as necessary.
- 3 years related experience in the residential construction industry
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floorplans
- •Ability to read, interpret, and resolve inconsistencies and problems in construction plans and specifications
- Understand the basic materials and methods used by trade partners to ensure compliance with company construction standards
- Solid knowledge of construction safety practices
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to use a computer to submit weekly and daily reports and/or status updates
- Self-motivated and the ability to solve problems effectively.
- Decision-making skills with the ability to determine alternative work assignments during inclement weather
- Ability to evaluate alternative methods of construction in terms of cost-efficiency
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid Subjects Career Technical Education Teaching Credential or ability to obtain with the industry sector: (Construction or appropriate industry work experience to qualify for this CTE credential required).
- At least 3 years of construction industry experience required.
- Prior teaching/mentoring experience preferred.
- Licensed contractor preferred.
- Intern teachers without preliminary credentials must meet all other requirements and be committed to obtaining credentials.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full-Time Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.